We are always looking for thinkers, designers and collaborators who want to create vibrant and engaging places. Step inside our world.
BOOKKEEPER/ HR ADMINISTRATOR
Are you a detail-oriented bookkeeper seeking challenging projects in a team environment? Sites Southwest is a landscape architecture and planning consultant located in Albuquerque and El Paso. Our team values a work environment that is collaborative, respectful, and rewarding with challenging work and flexible work schedules. If you have strong written / verbal communication skills and analytical skills, and in-depth knowledge of general accounting procedures, project cost accounting, and looking in the Albuquerque area, this job is for you.
The qualified candidate will have at least five years of experience in bookkeeping and general HR functions. Must have strong computer skills and be proficient with enterprise accounting software (BST Enterprise or similar) and the Microsoft Office suite. An associate degree in business- or business-related field is preferable but will substitute experience for education. This position reports directly to the Business Manager and references are required.
- Communicate effectively with co-workers
- Coordinate with other administrative personnel daily basis
- Complete and submit state and federal reports that are prepared in-house, including gross receipts or similar tax reports, workman’s compensation reports, unemployment insurance, etc. for all Sites Southwest offices.
- Provides information as necessary to Sites Southwest accountants for reports that are prepared by the accountants
- Generate reports for annual business insurance renewals
- Set up and maintain project, contract and billing files
- Obtain tax and insurance forms from new vendors.
- Provide tax and insurance forms to clients
- Coordinate with administrative team, including answering and dispatching phone calls
- Perform general bookkeeping duties, including posting information to accounting software and regularly reconciling accounts
- Perform monthly billing process including coordination with project managers.
- Monitor accounts receivable and work with project managers to collect outstanding accounts receivable
- Make deposits and record receipts
- Bi-weekly accounts payable, including primary responsibility for routine payments (rent, telephones, office supplies, etc.) and for coordination with project managers on project related payables
- Bi-weekly payroll. Post time sheets, provide payroll report to third party payroll service, post payroll entries
- Prepare weekly cash reports, AP and AR reports
- Perform monthly bank reconciliation
- Prepare monthly financial statements and month close
- Manage office petty cash fund
- Maintain personnel files
- Conduct new employee orientation
- Coordinate with Sites Southwest’s 401k providers and convey 401k information as required to employees
- Manage paperwork for health, vision, dental and disability insurance
Sites Southwest offers a competitive salary and benefits package that includes:
- Paid time off—three weeks per year to start
- Paid holidays
- Flexible work schedule
- Health insurance options
- Paid dental and vision insurance
- Paid life and short-term and long-term disability insurance
- 401k plan
If you’re interested in joining our team, email your resume to Mail@sites-sw.com. We look forward to hearing from you!
Sites Southwest is seeking a motivated community planner for our Albuquerque, New Mexico office. Minimum qualifications include a master’s degree in Community and Regional Planning or related field and a minimum of two years of planning experience. This full-time Planner 2 position requires a candidate who is a great communicator with strong organizational skills.
Sites Southwest is a planning and landscape architecture firm with offices in Albuquerque and El Paso, Texas. The firm works on a variety of exciting projects throughout New Mexico and the El Paso area. This position will participate in planning projects related to housing, redevelopment, outdoor recreation, economic development, land development and comprehensive planning. Projects provide opportunities for collaboration with our in-house planning and landscape design teams and with our teaming partners in related disciplines. Sites Southwest offers flexible work schedules, benefits, and salary commensurate with experience. We are implementing safe, COVID-19 practices.
The candidate will work as part of a project team and be responsible for independently completing tasks that contribute to the team effort. The candidate must have experience in: 1) data gathering from the US Census and other sources; 2) data analysis and development of analysis maps, tables, and charts (in ArcGIS, Excel, and Word); 3) creating maps in ArcGIS, Adobe Illustrator, and Photoshop with an understanding of graphic and mapping standards; 4) writing and producing plans in Word and InDesign; and 5) public outreach, including meeting preparation, coordination with community members and client, and meeting presentations and facilitation.
- Prepares planning studies, real estate market studies, and plans, including research, writing, and production, including:
- Conducts primary research, including interviews, surveys, and research of public documents.
- Compiles and analyzes socioeconomic and real estate data and presents results in written and visual formats.
- Manages in-house databases and project related databases, including collecting and updating data, data entry and data analysis
- Writes and produces planning documents.
- Prepares graphically compelling and legible maps.
- Prepares public presentations and meetings, including presentation materials, meeting arrangements, notification, and documentation.
- Conducts stakeholder meetings and facilitates small group discussions.
- Communicates effectively and consistently with co-workers, teaming partners, clients, and the public. This requires some in-person office work and meetings.
- Responsible for timely completion of projects and keeping records of time spent on each project.
- Handles client concerns and complaints throughout the course of the project and after the project is completed.
- Typically travels 100 miles each month on behalf of employer by either motor vehicle or airplane, generally within the United States.
- Typically attends two meetings per month after regular working hours on behalf of employer.
- Master’s degree in community and regional planning, economics, architecture, or related field;
- Valid New Mexico driver’s license by employment date.
- Ability to read and understand written directions and instructions.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Ability to understand and act on complex oral or written instructions of communications.
- Ability to perform the essential duties of this position as described.
- Ability to work in the conditions described below.
- Ability to work with the equipment, tools and materials listed below.
- Must be able to communicate effectively in oral and written English, including facilitation of small groups and limited public speaking.
- Must be able to use reason, judgment, and planning in performing essential functions.
- Must be able to read and understand written directions and instructions.
- Must understand basic algebra, statistics, and survey techniques.
- Must understand planning, urban economics, land use and zoning, and the relationship of planning to the physical environment.
- Must have a good understanding of how city or governmental processes work in relation to projects.
- Must be able to use a range of computer software, including word processing, desktop publishing, spreadsheets, and databases.
- Must be familiar with graphic applications used in planning projects and be able to direct the development of graphics for documents and presentations.
- Must be familiar with data sources typically used in preparation of planning documents, including federal, state, and local socioeconomic data and other sources.
- Must be able to conduct primary and secondary research and present information in a logical, readable form.
- Must be able to work at desk for up to ninety percent of the workday.
- Must be able to work at a computer terminal up to eighty percent of the workday.
- Must be able to conduct field work, which includes assessment of jurisdictions around the state so driving and mobility is required.
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified applicants should send a cover letter, resume, and writing sample or portfolio to email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you!
Send Us a Resume & Portfolio